Thursday 19th December 2013
Topics to be decided on the night by the participants but you can make suggestions on the Google+ group page beforehand.
Legacy Code Retreat
Saturday 14th December 2013 (08:30 - 17:00)
Dan Kendall and Ian Russell
CraftyCoders are proud to be running a Legacy Code Retreat as part of the Global Day of Code Retreat. Rather than trying to define what we are doing, I will leave that to the guy that devised the format;
"Legacy Code Retreat is simple: I invite a group of programmers together for a day, give them some legacy code, and help them practise various design rescue and improvement techniques. The ultimate goal is to practise these techniques in a low-stakes environment away from the code base that probably torments programmers at work."
J.B. Rainsberger (http://www.jbrains.ca/legacy-code-retreat)
What you will get:
- A day of learning outside of the pressures of deadlines and office politics!
- A healthy(ish) breakfast
- Lunch (hopefully at a local country pub)
What you need to bring:
- A willingness to learn (and teach?)
- A laptop with VS2012 (although you will be pairing with different people throughout the day)
* Please note that this event is for C#/VB.NET developers only.
See our previous events